CareCloud: Pricing, Reviews, and Alternatives
CareCloud is an electronic health records system designed to make healthcare tasks more efficient. It offers intuitive and customizable EHR systems, seamless patient charting, automated billing, real-time data analytics, streamlined workflows, enhanced clinical decision-making, and improved patient outcomes. In this article, we'll share the key facts you need to know about CareCloud to help you make an informed decision on the right EMR for you.
How much does CareCloud cost?
CareCloud offers three different plans: CareCloud Central at $349 per provider per month, CareCloud Complete at $629 per provider per month, and CareCloud Concierge at 3-7% of practice collections. However, the pricing for different healthcare settings and sizes is not provided. For more information, it's best to contact CareCloud directly.
Benefits and differentiators CareCloud
While CareCloud has many applications, three key areas are especially noteworthy:
- Seamless E&M Coding Integration: CareCloud integrates with its practice management solution for easy translation of clinical encounters into Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes, streamlining the billing process.
- Real-time Clinical Decision Support: The system provides real-time intelligence to physicians at the point of care, including drug-drug interaction checks and allergy alerts, ensuring accurate prescriptions.
- Intuitive Charting and Workflow Integration: CareCloud Charts provides configurable templates, integrated order sets, and flexible charting options to streamline patient encounters. It also features a unified inbox to manage administrative and clinical tasks efficiently. This integration with CareCloud Central offers a combined clinical, administrative, and financial solution.
Scenarios where CareCloud is a good choice
CareCloud's EMR shines in various situations. It's particularly well-suited for small to medium-sized practices that require a user-friendly and customizable EMR system to streamline their workflows and improve efficiency. For practices that prioritize seamless patient charting and automated billing, CareCloud's features can significantly reduce administrative burdens. Additionally, healthcare organizations that value real-time data analytics and enhanced clinical decision-making will find CareCloud's tools advantageous for optimizing patient outcomes.
Scenarios where CareCloud may not be a good choice
For healthcare organizations that require extensive integration with third-party applications, CareCloud's EMR might not be the best choice. Its limited integration capabilities can make it challenging to connect with other software solutions that a practice may already be using. Additionally, large hospitals and healthcare systems with complex workflows and a need for advanced customization may find CareCloud's EMR lacking in the necessary features and flexibility to accommodate their unique requirements. Finally, organizations that prioritize advanced data analytics and research capabilities might be disappointed with CareCloud's EMR, as it doesn't offer a proprietary database like some of its competitors, such as Epic's Cosmos.
While CareCloud's EMR is well-suited for small to medium-sized practices with straightforward workflows and a focus on patient engagement, its limitations in integration, customization, and data analytics capabilities make it less ideal for larger organizations or those with more complex needs.
Reviews of CareCloud
Users on G2 have given MacPractice an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5. Below, we've summarized some of the key pros and cons of the platform.
Positives in CareCloud's Reviews
- Easy Customization and Integration: Users appreciate CareCloud's ability to customize AI solutions and integrate them into their practice, improving efficiency and meeting specific requirements.
- User-Friendly Interface: CareCloud is praised for its ease of use and intuitive design, making it accessible for users with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Management: The platform offers a wide range of tools for patient management, revenue cycle management, electronic health records, patient experience management, business intelligence and analytics, and robotic process automation, providing a holistic solution for healthcare organizations.
Negatives in CareCloud's Reviews
- Complexity and Learning Curve: Some users pointed out that CareCloud's complexity and extensive features can make it relatively difficult to learn and navigate, particularly for new users.
- Cost and Resource Intensiveness: A few reviews highlighted that implementing and maintaining CareCloud can be resource-intensive, requiring substantial internal employee involvement and training.
- Limited Customization in Certain Areas: There were mentions of limitations in health maintenance options and difficulties in certain customizations.
Alternatives to CareCloud
In the following scenarios where CareCloud may not be a good choice, we recommend two alternative EMRs for each situation. These alternatives can better cater to the specific needs of healthcare organizations in these contexts:
Large healthcare organizations
- Cerner: Cerner is a comprehensive EMR system designed to handle the complexities of large healthcare organizations, offering robust features and capabilities for managing multiple departments and workflows.
- Allscripts: Allscripts provides a scalable and flexible EMR solution that can adapt to the needs of large healthcare systems, ensuring seamless integration and efficient management of various operations.
- Athenahealth: Athenahealth's EMR system emphasizes seamless data sharing and connectivity, allowing healthcare organizations to easily exchange information with other systems and improve care coordination.
- NextGen Healthcare: NextGen offers a highly interoperable EMR solution that facilitates smooth communication and data exchange between different healthcare systems, enhancing collaboration and patient care.
- eClinicalWorks: eClinicalWorks provides a powerful EMR system with advanced analytics and reporting capabilities, enabling research-focused organizations to gain valuable insights from large-scale patient data.
- Greenway Health: Greenway Health's EMR solution offers robust data management and analytics tools, allowing research institutions to effectively analyze and utilize patient information for research purposes.
How you can use Tennr to get the most out of your EMR
At Tennr, we understand the challenges that come with using an EMR like CareCloud. That's where we come in. While we're not an EMR ourselves, we specialize in integrating with them to automate those repetitive tasks that slow down your team and your business. Our goal is to streamline your processes, making things smoother so you can focus more on patient care.
Opportunities for automating EMR tasks
Here are a couple of places in CareCloud where bringing in Tennr could really help. Check out Tennr and sign up today to explore how we can help you
We can streamline how you handle incoming referrals in CareCloud. It uses AI to pull patient details and then RPA (robotic process automation) to set up new patient profiles and book appointments. This not only saves time but also cuts down on those tedious data entry mistakes. Here's a quick demo of how we do this at Tennr! 👇🏾
Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Processing
We also simplify the process of managing incoming EOB (Explanation of Benefits) documents in CareCloud. It efficiently identifies essential information, such as claim numbers and CPT codes, and seamlessly integrates these payments into the EMR. This enables quicker processing and reduces concerns about inaccuracies in payment details.
Small to mid-sized healthcare providers often struggle with managing unstructured external referrals, while larger ones grapple with patient scheduling inefficiencies, especially for follow-up procedures. Tennr addresses this by automating the process using patient demographics. For instance, it sends casual messages with booking links to younger patients and morning calls to older ones, effectively reducing friction and enhancing patient engagement for streamlined scheduling.