Modernizing Medicine: Pricing, Reviews, and Alternatives
Modernizing Medicine offers specialty-specific EHR systems and solutions designed to streamline workflows and improve patient care. Their award-winning EMA and gGastro EHR software are intuitive, mobile-friendly, and adapt to each user's practice. In this article, we'll share the key facts you need to know about Modernizing Medicine and how their EHR software can benefit your practice.
How much does Modernizing Medicine cost?
Modernizing Medicine doesn't list their prices online, so if you want the specifics, you can email them at [email protected] to find out. But, drawing from what's generally known in the industry, we can give you a rough idea of what it might cost:
Specialty Groups and Clinics
- Small Clinics (1-10 providers): Estimated Cost: $500 - $1,000 per provider per month, totaling approximately $60,000 - $120,000 annually.
- Medium Specialty Groups (10-50 providers): Estimated Cost: Volume discounts may apply. Costs could range from $120,000 - $500,000 annually.
- Large Specialty Groups (over 50 providers): Estimated Cost: Typically requires custom pricing. Annually, costs could exceed $500,000, depending on the number of providers and selected features.
Benefits and differentiators Modernizing Medicine
While Modernizing Medicine has many applications, three key areas are especially noteworthy:
- Comprehensive All-in-One Suite: The platform integrates practice management, inventory management, revenue cycle management, analytics, and patient engagement tools. This all-in-one approach is built by specialty physicians and enables seamless scheduling and linking of EMR with practice management.
- Specialty-Specific Solutions: ModMed is designed for various specialties, including allergy, dermatology, ENT, GI, OBGYN, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pain management, and more. This focus ensures that each specialty receives tailored tools and functionalities.
- Advanced Practice Management Software: ModMed BOOST, its practice management software, provides a high-level overview of practice operations, enhancing the flow of patients, clinicians, and instruments. This software aids in optimizing the quality of care and revenue generation.
Scenarios where Modernizing Medicine is a good choice
Modernizing Medicine's EMR excels in various scenarios. It's particularly effective for specialty-specific practices, as their EHR systems are tailored to the unique needs of each specialty, streamlining workflows and improving patient care. For practices that prioritize mobility, Modernizing Medicine's mobile-friendly EMA and gGastro EHR software enable seamless access and management of patient records on the go. Additionally, healthcare organizations that value adaptability will benefit from Modernizing Medicine's EHR software, which learns and adapts to each user's practice, ensuring a personalized and efficient experience.
Scenarios where Modernizing Medicine may not be a good choice
For small practices that require a more general-purpose EMR, Modernizing Medicine's specialty-specific focus might not be the best fit. These practices may find that the tailored solutions don't align with their broader needs, making it less ideal for their workflows. Additionally, healthcare organizations that prioritize seamless integration with third-party applications might encounter limitations with Modernizing Medicine's EMR, as it may not offer the same level of compatibility as some other EMR systems. Lastly, organizations that require extensive customization options may find Modernizing Medicine's adaptive learning approach insufficient for their needs, as it may not provide the level of control and flexibility they desire.
While Modernizing Medicine's specialty-specific focus and adaptive learning capabilities are excellent for practices with unique requirements, these strengths may not be as beneficial for smaller, general-purpose clinics or organizations that prioritize third-party integrations and extensive customization options.
Reviews of Modernizing Medicine
Users on G2 have given Modernizing Medicine an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5. Below, we've summarized some of their key pros and cons of the platform.
Positives in Modernizing Medicine's Reviews
- User-Friendly Interface: ModMed's easy-to-use and pleasing user interface is highlighted as an advantage, making it accessible for various users.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Management: The integrated suite of software and services supports clinical, operational, and financial aspects of medical practices, offering a well-rounded solution.
- Patient Engagement Tools: ModMed includes patient engagement tools, although specific details are not provided, these tools contribute to improved patient experience and communication.
Negatives in Modernizing Medicine's Reviews
- Complexity and Learning Curve: Some users pointed out that Modernizing Medicine's complexity and extensive features can make it relatively difficult to learn and navigate, particularly for new users.
- Cost and Resource Intensiveness: A few reviews highlighted that implementing and maintaining Modernizing Medicine can be resource-intensive, requiring substantial internal employee involvement and training.
- Limited Customization in Certain Areas: There were mentions of limitations in health maintenance options and difficulties in certain customizations.
Alternatives to Modernizing Medicine
If you're looking for alternative EMR systems that cater to the less ideal scenarios mentioned earlier, we've got you covered:
Small practices requiring a more general-purpose EMR:
- Practice Fusion: This cloud-based EMR system is designed for small and medium-sized practices, offering a comprehensive and user-friendly solution that covers various specialties. It includes features like e-prescribing, charting, and lab integrations, making it a suitable choice for general-purpose clinics.
- Kareo: Kareo is another cloud-based EMR system that caters to small practices, providing a wide range of features such as billing, scheduling, and patient engagement tools. Its intuitive interface and customizable templates make it an excellent option for practices seeking a more general-purpose solution.
Healthcare organizations prioritizing seamless integration with third-party applications:
- Cerner: Cerner's EMR system is known for its robust integration capabilities, allowing healthcare organizations to connect with various third-party applications seamlessly. Its open platform, called the Cerner Open Developer Experience (code), enables developers to create custom applications that integrate with Cerner's solutions.
- Allscripts: Allscripts offers an open architecture that supports seamless integration with numerous third-party applications. Their Application Store features a wide range of certified applications, ensuring compatibility and smooth integration with their EMR system.
Organizations requiring extensive customization options:
- athenahealth: athenahealth's EMR system provides a high level of customization, allowing healthcare organizations to tailor the platform to their specific needs. Its flexible design and user-friendly interface make it an excellent choice for practices seeking extensive customization options.
- Greenway Health: Greenway Health's EMR system, Intergy, offers a customizable platform that can be tailored to fit the unique requirements of various practices. Its modular design and user-friendly interface make it a suitable choice for organizations seeking extensive customization capabilities.
How you can use Tennr to get the most out of your EMR.
At Tennr, we understand the challenges that come with using an EMR like Modernizing Medicine. That's where we come in! While we're not an EMR ourselves, we specialize in integrating with them to automate those repetitive tasks that slow down your team and your business. Our goal is to streamline your processes, making things smoother so you can focus more on patient care.
Opportunities for automating EMR tasks.
Here are a couple of places in Modernizing Medicine where bringing in Tennr could really help. Check out Tennr and sign up today to explore how we can help you!
We can streamline how you handle incoming referrals in Modernizing Medicine. Tennr uses AI to pull patient details and then RPA (robotic process automation) to set up new patient profiles and book appointments. This not only saves time but also cuts down on those tedious data entry mistakes. Here's a quick demo of how we do this at Tennr! 👇🏾
Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Processing:
We also simplify the process of managing incoming EOB (Explanation of Benefits) documents in Modernizing Medicine. Tennr efficiently identifies essential information, such as claim numbers and CPT codes, and seamlessly integrates these payments into the EMR. This enables quicker processing and reduces concerns about inaccuracies in payment details.
Small to mid-sized healthcare providers often struggle with managing unstructured external referrals, while larger ones grapple with patient scheduling inefficiencies, especially for follow-up procedures. Tennr addresses this by automating the process using patient demographics. For instance, it sends casual messages with booking links to younger patients and morning calls to older ones, effectively reducing friction and enhancing patient engagement for streamlined scheduling.