Sevocity: Pricing, Reviews, and Alternatives
Sevocity is an electronic health records system designed to streamline healthcare tasks and improve efficiency. It offers features such as patient record management, appointment scheduling, and billing, making it a comprehensive solution for medical practices. In this article, we'll share the essential facts you need to know about Sevocity.
How much does Sevocity cost?
Pricing information for Sevocity isn't currently available on their website. To obtain pricing details, you may request a demo or get a free quotation. However, we can provide a rough estimate of what it might cost for different healthcare settings and sizes:
Primary Care Practices and Specialty Clinics
- Small Practices (1-3 providers): Estimated Cost: $50,000 - $150,000 initial setup, plus $20,000 - $60,000 annually.
- Medium Practices (4-10 providers): Estimated Cost: $150,000 - $300,000 initial setup, plus $60,000 - $120,000 annually.
- Large Practices (over 10 providers): Estimated Cost: $300,000 - $700,000 initial setup, plus $120,000 - $250,000 annually.
Rural Health Centers and Community Clinics
- Small Centers: Estimated Cost: $80,000 - $200,000 initial setup, plus $30,000 - $80,000 annually.
- Medium Centers: Estimated Cost: $200,000 - $500,000 initial setup, plus $80,000 - $160,000 annually.
- Large Centers: Estimated Cost: $500,000 - $1 million initial setup, plus $160,000 - $320,000 annually.
- Small Specialty Groups (1-10 providers): Estimated Cost: $100,000 - $250,000 initial setup, plus $40,000 - $100,000 annually.
- Medium Specialty Groups (10-50 providers): Estimated Cost: $250,000 - $600,000 initial setup, plus $100,000 - $200,000 annually.
- Large Specialty Groups (over 50 providers): Estimated Cost: $600,000 - $1.2 million initial setup, plus $200,000 - $400,000 annually.
Benefits and differentiators Sevocity
While Sevocity has many applications, three key areas are especially noteworthy:
- Comprehensive Feature Set: The EHR system includes a wide range of features such as lab integration, telemedicine capabilities, mobile access, automated patient reminders, and extensive reporting and analytics. These features collectively enhance the functionality and effectiveness of the software.
- Integrated Patient Portal: Sevocity includes a robust patient portal that enables patients to schedule appointments, refill prescriptions, and communicate with their healthcare providers. This integration is key to fostering better patient engagement and streamlining healthcare delivery.
- Accessible and Cloud-based: Being cloud-based, Sevocity can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. This accessibility is crucial for modern healthcare practices, offering flexibility and convenience for healthcare providers.
Scenarios where Sevocity is a good choice
Sevocity EMR excels in certain situations as well. It is particularly well-suited for small to medium-sized practices that require a user-friendly and cost-effective solution to manage their daily operations. For specialty clinics, Sevocity's customizable templates and features tailored to specific medical fields make it an attractive choice. Additionally, rural health centers and community clinics can benefit from Sevocity's affordability and potential eligibility for grants or subsidized pricing, making it an accessible option for these healthcare facilities.
Scenarios where Sevocity may not be a good choice
For large hospitals with complex workflows and a need for extensive interoperability, Sevocity's EMR might not be the best fit. These larger institutions often require a more comprehensive and robust system that can handle the intricacies of their operations, which Sevocity may not be able to accommodate. Additionally, healthcare organizations that prioritize advanced analytics and research capabilities might find Sevocity's offerings lacking in comparison to other EMR systems with more extensive data analysis tools. Lastly, organizations with a strong focus on patient engagement and a desire for a feature-rich patient portal may find Sevocity's patient engagement tools to be less comprehensive than those offered by some competitors.
While Sevocity excels in providing a user-friendly and cost-effective solution for small to medium-sized practices, its limitations in handling complex workflows, advanced analytics, and extensive patient engagement features make it a less ideal choice for larger organizations with more demanding requirements.
Reviews of Sevocity
Users on G2 have given Sevocity an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5. Below, we've summarized some of the key pros and cons of the platform.
Positives in Sevocity's Reviews
- Intuitive and Easy to Use: Users have praised Sevocity's user-friendly interface, mentioning its intuitiveness and ease of navigation, even for first-time users.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Management: Sevocity's ability to cater to both solo family practice providers and large specialty groups indicates its wide range of healthcare management capabilities, which users find beneficial.
- Customization for Different Practices: Although not explicitly mentioned in the reviews, Sevocity's focus on serving the needs of various healthcare practices suggests that it offers ease of customization and integration for different practice types.
Negatives in Sevocity's Reviews
- Difficulty with Billing Integration: Patient information may not cross over to the billing software if there is a small discrepancy, causing confusion for office workers.
- Single User Chart Access: Only one person can access a patient's chart at a time, causing delays.
- Customization Limitations: Challenges in personalizing the software for specific needs.
Alternatives to Sevocity
In scenarios where Sevocity may not be the best choice, we recommend considering alternative EMR systems that cater to the specific needs of larger organizations, advanced analytics, and extensive patient engagement features. Here are two alternatives for each of the less ideal scenarios:
Large Hospitals with Complex Workflows
- Cerner: Cerner's Millennium EHR is designed to handle the complexities of large hospitals and healthcare systems, offering a comprehensive suite of applications and robust interoperability capabilities.
- Allscripts: Allscripts Sunrise EHR is a scalable solution that can accommodate the needs of large hospitals, providing advanced clinical decision support and seamless integration with other healthcare systems.
Organizations Prioritizing Advanced Analytics and Research
- IBM Watson Health Merge: IBM Watson Health Merge offers advanced analytics and research capabilities, leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide actionable insights and improve patient outcomes.
- eClinicalWorks: eClinicalWorks provides a comprehensive EHR solution with robust analytics tools, including population health management and predictive analytics, to help organizations make data-driven decisions.
Organizations Focused on Patient Engagement
- Athenahealth: Athenahealth's EHR solution includes a feature-rich patient portal, enabling patients to access their health records, communicate with providers, and manage appointments and prescriptions online.
- Greenway Health: Greenway Health's Intergy EHR offers a comprehensive patient engagement platform, including a patient portal, telehealth capabilities, and appointment reminders, to enhance the patient experience.
How you can use Tennr to get the most out of your EMR
At Tennr, we understand the challenges that come with using an EMR like Sevocity. That's where we come in. While we're not an EMR ourselves, we excel at integrating with them to automate those repetitive tasks that can bog down your team and your business. Our goal is to streamline your processes, making things smoother so you can focus more on patient care.
Opportunities for automating EMR tasks
Here are a couple of places in Sevocity where bringing in Tennr could really help. Check out Tennr and sign up today to explore how we can help you!
We can streamline how you handle incoming referrals in Sevocity. Tennr uses AI to pull patient details and then RPA (robotic process automation) to set up new patient profiles and book appointments. This not only saves time but also cuts down on those tedious data entry mistakes. Here's a quick demo of how we do this at Tennr! 👇🏾
Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Processing
We also simplify the process of managing incoming EOB (Explanation of Benefits) documents in Sevocity. Tennr efficiently identifies essential information, such as claim numbers and CPT codes, and seamlessly integrates these payments into the EMR. This enables quicker processing and reduces concerns about inaccuracies in payment details.
Small to mid-sized healthcare providers often struggle with managing unstructured external referrals, while larger ones grapple with patient scheduling inefficiencies, especially for follow-up procedures. Tennr addresses this by automating the process using patient demographics. For instance, it sends casual messages with booking links to younger patients and morning calls to older ones, effectively reducing friction and enhancing patient engagement for streamlined scheduling.