TheraNest: Pricing, Reviews, and Alternatives
TheraNest is an electronic health records system designed specifically for behavioral and mental health counseling private practices. It offers a range of features, such as counseling note templates, electronic billing, missing progress notes reminders, and a Client Portal. TheraNest is also HIPAA compliant and backed by a dedicated customer happiness team.
In this article, we'll share the essential facts you need to know about TheraNest, so you can make an informed decision on the right EMR for your practice.
How much does TheraNest cost?
TheraNest pricing is based on the number of active clients, starting at $38 per month for up to 30 active clients. The pricing increases as the number of active clients grows. Features include DSM 5 and ICD-10 ready therapy notes, creating and sending invoices and superbills, unlimited user accounts, insurance electronic claims billing, and multi-location support. TheraNest offers a free trial.
Benefits and differentiators TheraNest
While Epic has many applications, three key areas are especially noteworthy:
- Cloud-Based Technology: Being a cloud-based solution, TheraNest offers secure data storage and easy accessibility for authorized providers, enhancing data security and convenience.
- Customization Options: The software provides customizable forms and notes, allowing practitioners to tailor the system to their specific needs. This feature supports a personalized approach to patient record management.
- Scheduling Functionality: TheraNest offers a robust calendar system with multiple views and intuitive user flows, including drag-and-drop functionality. This feature supports efficient scheduling and appointment management, although it doesn't offer real-time syncing with external calendars like Google Calendar or Apple’s iCal.
Scenarios where TheraNest is a good choice
TheraNest's EMR shines in several scenarios as well. It's particularly well-suited for small to medium-sized behavioral and mental health counseling private practices, where a specialized EMR system is needed to cater to the unique needs of this field. For practices that require efficient and user-friendly billing and invoicing features, TheraNest's electronic billing and superbills capabilities streamline the process. Additionally, mental health professionals who value patient engagement and communication will find TheraNest's Client Portal an invaluable tool for fostering strong relationships with their clients.
Scenarios where TheraNest may not be a good choice
TheraNest's EMR may not be the best fit for large hospitals or healthcare organizations that require a comprehensive and highly customizable EMR system. These larger organizations often need a more robust system that can handle complex workflows and integrate with various departments, which TheraNest's specialized focus on mental health counseling may not fully support. Additionally, practices that primarily deal with non-mental health specialties might find TheraNest's features and templates less relevant to their needs, as the system is specifically designed for behavioral and mental health counseling. Finally, healthcare organizations that require advanced interoperability features for seamless data exchange with other healthcare systems may find TheraNest's EMR lacking in this area compared to other EMR systems that prioritize interoperability.
Given TheraNest's strengths in catering to the unique needs of mental health counseling practices, it's understandable that the system may not be as well-suited for larger healthcare organizations, non-mental health specialties, or those requiring advanced interoperability. TheraNest's focus on its target audience means that it may not be the ideal choice for scenarios that fall outside of its specialized scope.
Reviews of TheraNest
Users on G2 have given TheraNest an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5. Below, we've summarized some of their key pros and cons of the platform.
Positives in TheraNest's Reviews
- Intuitive and Easy-to-Use Interface: TheraNest is praised for its user-friendly design, making it simple for users to navigate and manage their practice efficiently.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Management: TheraNest offers a wide range of features, such as case notes, treatment plans, and a searchable DSM database, allowing for effective management of mental health practices.
- Patient Engagement Tools: With voice, text message, and email reminders, TheraNest helps to keep patients engaged and reduce cancellations and no-shows.
Negatives in TheraNest's Reviews
- Complexity and Learning Curve: Some users found the software complex and had a steep learning curve.
- Cost and Resource Intensiveness: Some users found the software to be expensive and resource-intensive.
- Limited Customization in Certain Areas: Some users found the software to have limited customization options in certain areas.
Alternatives to TheraNest
For those scenarios where TheraNest may not be the best fit, we've compiled a list of alternative EMR systems that cater to different needs. Here are two alternatives for each of the three less ideal scenarios:
Large hospitals or healthcare organizations:
- Cerner: A comprehensive EMR system that can handle complex workflows and integrate with various departments, making it suitable for large hospitals and healthcare organizations.
- Allscripts: Another robust EMR system that offers a wide range of features and customization options, catering to the needs of large healthcare organizations.
Non-mental health specialties:
- Athenahealth: A cloud-based EMR system that offers a wide range of features and templates for various medical specialties, making it a suitable choice for practices that primarily deal with non-mental health specialties.
- AdvancedMD: An EMR system that caters to multiple medical specialties, offering customizable templates and features to suit the needs of different practices.
Advanced interoperability requirements:
- Meditech: An EMR system that prioritizes interoperability, offering seamless data exchange with other healthcare systems and integration with various health information exchanges (HIEs).
- Greenway Health: Another EMR system that focuses on interoperability, providing a wide range of data exchange options and integration capabilities with other healthcare systems.
How you can use Tennr to get the most out of your EMR.
At Tennr, we understand the challenges that come with using an EMR like TheraNest. That's why we're here to help. While we're not an EMR ourselves, we specialize in integrating with them to automate the repetitive tasks that can slow down your team and your business. Our goal is to streamline your processes, making things smoother so you can focus more on patient care.
Opportunities for automating EMR tasks.
Here are a couple of places in TheraNest where bringing in Tennr could really help. Check out Tennr and sign up today to explore how we can help you!
We can streamline how you handle incoming referrals in TheraNest. Tennr uses AI to pull patient details and then RPA (robotic process automation) to set up new patient profiles and book appointments. This not only saves time but also cuts down on those tedious data entry mistakes. Here's a quick demo of how we do this at Tennr! 👇🏾
Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Processing:
We also simplify the process of managing incoming EOB (Explanation of Benefits) documents in TheraNest. Tennr efficiently identifies essential information, such as claim numbers and CPT codes, and seamlessly integrates these payments into the EMR. This enables quicker processing and reduces concerns about inaccuracies in payment details.
Small to mid-sized healthcare providers often struggle with managing unstructured external referrals, while larger ones grapple with patient scheduling inefficiencies, especially for follow-up procedures. Tennr addresses this by automating the process using patient demographics. For instance, it sends casual messages with booking links to younger patients and morning calls to older ones, effectively reducing friction and enhancing patient engagement for streamlined scheduling.