UroChoice: Pricing, Reviews, and Alternatives
UroChoice is a top-ranked EHR software specifically designed for urologists, offering features like patient timeline, patient vitals, custom templates, real-time eligibility checking, claim submission, and a scheduler. Moreover, its powerful mobile app allows urologists to practice on the go. In this article, we'll share the key facts you need to know about UroChoice, so you can make an informed decision for your urology practice.
How much does UroChoice cost?
Pricing information for UroChoice is available, with plans starting from $149 per month per provider. To get detailed pricing information, it's best to contact UroChoice directly. But, drawing from what's generally known in the industry, we can give you a rough idea of what it might cost:
Small Urology Practices (1-3 providers):
- Small Urology Practices (1-3 providers): Estimated Cost: $50,000 - $200,000 initial setup, plus $25,000 - $100,000 annually.
- Medium Urology Practices (4-10 providers): Estimated Cost: $200,000 - $500,000 initial setup, plus $100,000 - $200,000 annually.
- Large Urology Practices (over 10 providers): Estimated Cost: $500,000 - $1.5 million initial setup, plus $200,000 - $400,000 annually.
Urology Specialty Clinics and Hospitals:
- Smaller Facilities: Estimated Cost: $250,000 - $700,000 initial setup, plus $125,000 - $300,000 annually.
- Larger Facilities: Estimated Cost: $700,000 - $2 million initial setup, plus $300,000 - $600,000 annually.
Benefits and differentiators UroChoice
While UroChoice has many applications, three key areas are especially noteworthy:
- Award-Winning Patient Timeline: UroChoice features an award-winning patient timeline that provides a historical snapshot of patient information in one convenient location, offering immediate access to the most crucial patient data upon opening a patient's chart.
- Real-Time Eligibility Checking: The system includes a feature for real-time insurance eligibility verifications. This allows front-desk staff to efficiently verify a patient's benefits status, copay, co-insurance, and covered services with a single click.
- Seamless Claim Submission Integration: UroChoice integrates seamlessly with leading clearinghouses for claim submission. This integration provides transparency and efficiency with intuitive dashboards for reviewing claims and practice financials.
Scenarios where UroChoice is a good choice
UroChoice EMR excels in various scenarios, making it the best option for specific use cases. It is particularly effective for urology-specific practices, as it offers tailored features like custom templates and patient timeline, ensuring efficient and accurate documentation of urological conditions. For practices that prioritize mobility, UroChoice's powerful mobile app allows urologists to access patient records and manage their practice on the go. Additionally, smaller practices seeking an affordable yet feature-rich EMR solution will find UroChoice's pricing starting at $149 per month per provider to be an attractive option.
Scenarios where UroChoice may not be a good choice
For large healthcare organizations with multiple specialties, UroChoice's focus on urology-specific features might not be the best fit. These organizations often require a more comprehensive EMR solution that caters to various specialties and departments, rather than a specialized system like UroChoice. Additionally, practices that prioritize seamless integration with third-party applications may find UroChoice's compatibility with other software to be limited, as it is primarily designed for urology practices. Finally, healthcare organizations that require advanced analytics and reporting capabilities might find UroChoice's offerings in this area to be insufficient, as it is tailored to the specific needs of urologists and may not provide the level of data analysis needed for larger organizations.
While UroChoice excels in providing tailored features for urology practices and offering an affordable solution for smaller clinics, its specialized focus and limited compatibility with third-party applications make it less ideal for larger healthcare organizations or those requiring advanced analytics and reporting capabilities.
Reviews of UroChoice
Users on G2 have given UroChoice an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5. Below, we’ve summarized some of their key pros and cons of the platform.
Positives in UroChoice's Reviews
- Patient Timeline and Summary: Users appreciate UroChoice's patient timeline feature, which allows easy access to historical patient information, and the interactive patient summary for graphing vitals, medications, and lab results.
- Real-time Insurance Eligibility: The software's ability to perform real-time insurance eligibility verifications is praised for streamlining the patient intake process and reducing administrative tasks.
- Feature-rich Scheduler: UroChoice's scheduler, with its pre-determined requirements and robust functionality, is well-regarded for its efficiency in managing appointments and practice schedules.
Negatives in UroChoice's Reviews
- Complexity and Learning Curve: Some users pointed out that UroChoice's complexity and extensive features can make it relatively difficult to learn and navigate, particularly for new users.
- Cost and Resource Intensiveness: A few reviews highlighted that implementing and maintaining UroChoice can be resource-intensive, requiring substantial internal employee involvement and training.
- Limited Customization in Certain Areas: There were mentions of limitations in health maintenance options and difficulties in certain customizations.
Alternatives to UroChoice
If you're looking for alternatives to UroChoice for the less ideal scenarios mentioned earlier, we've got you covered. Here are two EMR recommendations for each of the three scenarios:
Large healthcare organizations with multiple specialties:
- Cerner Ambulatory: Cerner Ambulatory is a comprehensive EMR solution designed for multi-specialty practices, offering a wide range of features and integrations to cater to various departments and specialties.
- Allscripts EHR: Allscripts EHR is another robust option for large healthcare organizations, providing a scalable and customizable solution that can accommodate the needs of different specialties and departments.
Practices prioritizing seamless integration with third-party applications:
- athenaClinicals: athenaClinicals is known for its strong integration capabilities, allowing practices to easily connect with a wide range of third-party applications and services to enhance their workflows.
- Greenway Health Intergy EHR: Greenway Health's Intergy EHR offers a flexible platform with numerous integration options, making it an excellent choice for practices seeking seamless connectivity with other software and services.
Healthcare organizations requiring advanced analytics and reporting capabilities:
- eClinicalWorks v11: eClinicalWorks v11 is a feature-rich EMR solution that includes advanced analytics and reporting tools, enabling healthcare organizations to gain valuable insights and make data-driven decisions.
- NextGen Enterprise EHR: NextGen Enterprise EHR offers a powerful suite of analytics and reporting features, allowing healthcare organizations to effectively analyze data and improve patient outcomes.
How you can use Tennr to get the most out of your EMR.
At Tennr, we understand the challenges that come with using an EMR like UroChoice. That's where we come in! While we're not an EMR ourselves, we excel at integrating with them to automate those pesky repetitive tasks that bog down your team and business. Our goal is to streamline your processes, making life a bit easier so you can focus more on patient care.
Opportunities for automating EMR tasks.
Here are a couple of places in UroChoice where bringing in Tennr could really help. Check out Tennr and sign up today to explore how we can help you!
We can streamline how you handle incoming referrals in UroChoice. Tennr uses AI to pull patient details and then RPA (robotic process automation) to set up new patient profiles and book appointments. This not only saves time but also cuts down on those tedious data entry mistakes. Here’s a quick demo of how we do this at Tennr! 👇🏾
Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Processing:
We also simplify the process of managing incoming EOB (Explanation of Benefits) documents in UroChoice. Tennr efficiently identifies essential information, such as claim numbers and CPT codes, and seamlessly integrates these payments into the EMR. This enables quicker processing and reduces concerns about inaccuracies in payment details.
Small to mid-sized healthcare providers often struggle with managing unstructured external referrals, while larger ones grapple with patient scheduling inefficiencies, especially for follow-up procedures. Tennr addresses this by automating the process using patient demographics. For instance, it sends casual messages with booking links to younger patients and morning calls to older ones, effectively reducing friction and enhancing patient engagement for streamlined scheduling.